1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

high lift , low lift... what...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Oct 30, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

ok i did a search ... still a bit confussed...
    I am running the ultra vac on my lazer hp.. getting some blow out when doing leafs.... but it works ... just have to go over them a few times...
    But I would still like to eliminate the blow out. Im running the stock blades, that came with the mower.... and I have a mulch kit also....
    what is a low lift blade , what is a high lift blade...
    stock blades are considered what?
    mulch blades are considered what?
    thanks
    PS im running the stock blades with the ultra vac...
    :dizzy:

2. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I assume your mower came with a low to medium lift blade. You can also buy a high lift blade or even an extra high lift blade. People on this site have tried many different combinations so they will give you a more definite answer.

There are two types of blades that are often called mulching blades. One type is a true mulching blade that comes with mulch baffle kits. The other type is gator blades which is similar to a standard blade except it has serrations in the lift part of the blade.

My suggestion (with little experience) is to run you standard blades for minimal blowout or doubles with gators or gators and standards for maximum reduction of leaves.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

My dealer just told me to try the low lift mulching blades from Excalibur for less blow out on the exmark. Going to try them today.

~Nest

4. PRO PROPERTY CARE

post a reply on here when you give them a try. Id like too find some that work a little better
    thanks
    mike

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Buy an Exmark anti-blowout baffle. It is available for your mower and will solve the problem.

6. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

we were having probs cutting the stringy bluegrass, just wants to lay down this time of year, and just got some of those eXcalibers. I will have to see later how they work. Only having trouble on one condo account and we wont mow those again for a week.

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try THE MEG MO blades . They have worked very well on allot of exmark. Mower babe let us know how they are working on your 60 Z.

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Ok, just put the excalibur low lift mulching blades on. BIG difference. MUCH less blow out on the 36" TTHP. I prefer the gators other times, but for leaves I'm sticking with these for now.

~Nest

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

looks like its either the excalibor low lifts or baffles....
    ill call and price them
    thanks

10. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Tell you what- the crew ran them tonight and I will let you know. I wasn't home when they got back. And I will offer my own opinion when I run them next week on that account. :)