high mile tire wanted. I DON"T NEED SUPERSWAMPERS

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grass disaster, Feb 14, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

2500hd 2001 chevy ext cab
    265/75/16

i think it's finally time to get some new "meats"

i use this truck only in the summer so i don't really need it to be good in the snow/mud. i want a tire that is around the $125 mark or less. want it to be high mileage.
    this truck pulls an 8 X 16 enclosed and it burns the back tires.

any recommendations?

think of buying from a source like tirerack

2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Michelin LTX m/s around $150 but one hell of a long wearing tire, 50,000 mi warranty

3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used 2 brands Bridgestone Revos and the set that I have on our 1 ton is a set of Winstons winners L/T's both are good I think that the Winstons are going to be cheaper in price good luck

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I had some Michelin LTX's on my GMC, pretty decent tire. Very quiet, handled well, and they last a really long time. Terrible in mud and snow, but if you're not looking for that kind of tire, these will do just fine for summer work.

I ended up replacing the LTX's with some BFG All Terrain TA's when they wore out as I needed something for snow/mud, but the AT's are probably more than you need.

5. Burch's Lawn Care  LLC

Burch's Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member

michelin all the way great truck tire, go to www.discounttiredirect.com best, lowest prices and free shipping. im purchasing soon.

6. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

The Michelin LTX M/S will get you through quite a bit of mud as well as a being long wearing tire.

7. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

by the time you pay for shipping through an online dealer, then pay someone to install and balance the tires, you might as well go to someplace local.

8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

The best tire milage I have ever gotten was with a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain T/As. Got about 60,000 miles and would have gotten more if the front end had stayed in alignment. Tirerack lists them around $160 a tire, but they are worth it for the mileage.

I need to get new meats soon myself, and I am tryign to come up with the $$$s to get these Goodrichs again.

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Not completely true. I bought a set of tires from Discounttire a couple years ago. At the time, they had free shipping. I saved $250 in tire cost alone. Then I had a local shop mount & balance them for $10 a tire. Can't beat that price anywhere.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

michilen ltx =long lasting