High Performance air filter kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Jul 18, 2005.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer is quoting me $149.00 msrp for the kit to put on my Hustler. Does this sound right? Is that for the "wing" too?

Sounds low to me. Am I missing something?
    Should I be asking for something else?

gpshemi

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If I remember correctly you have the Hustler Z.
    There is no "wing" on a Hustler Z.
    The kit does have a MSRP of $149.00, it includes the carb jets, gaskets, hoses, filter and housings and such, all the hardware and the mounting bracket that the whole filter assembly bolts to.
    This MSRP is for the parts only, I do not know what your dealer will charge to install it.
    Here is a picture of what your mower will look like once the kit is installed, it is identical to the units coming off the production line today.
    [​IMG]

3. gps_jetskier

Correct. Mine is a Hustler Z with no wing. That picture shows a wing though. Is that coming with the filter kit? I'm confused I guess.

gps_jetskier

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Well I guess you could call it a wing, I call it a mounting bracket.
    The Super Z is what I consider to have the "wing".
    But what you see in the picture is what you will have when yours is installed.

Pj

5. gps_jetskier

OK. I went to the site and checked it out. What I'm calling the wing is different then what's on the Super Z and is called a wing. In any event that doesn't sound too bad a price for carb kit, "wing", and filter set.

This is worth doing everyone think? Yes?

gps_jetskier