high point, greensboro, winston-salem, nc

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, Aug 7, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Do u guys that serve this areas think theres space for another guy to make some money?

I moved from Florida 1 1/2 month ago and preparing my things to start this next season, I was doing lawn care 7 years ago for 7 years every day and planing to re-start like I said this next season.

I live in Thomasville and if I'm not wrong my resarch shows a 600,000 population in this areas lets say of that is really just 100,000 houses more or less, do u guys is enough for all the lco's around this area (there's a bunch around here )

I can start whit a Ferris 2000is ztr and all new equipment cash not problem but just to make sure if there's enough room for everybody.

Any critics and sugestion to make a better inform decision is gonna be appreciated.

Thx in advance:cool2:

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Mike (MMLawn) goes for the jugular of all new guys in his turf -- It's been nice knowing ya.:laugh: :laugh:

OK just kidding. Find a niche or do something just a little better or different.

Question-- Why Thomasville?
    If you truly want to move to an area and start this business why not a bigger city-- Family?
    Something else?-
    How far south on 85 can you go-- once you get to Salisbury there is endless work from there to South Carolina.

3. green boy1

Salisbury is 30 min. from here and Highpoint and greensboro like 25 /35 min.

also thinking the are close to Charlotte and Huntersville.

Reason for moving to thomasville?

Small town, Pay cash for my home, and I dont have any debt because that and like the country feeling.

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Do quality work,stand out from the others. You did the biz here in FLA hard to imagine many more LCO than here:dizzy:. Yes theres a LOT of people in this biz, but NOT MANY DOING IT RIGHT. Do great work at an honest fair price and treat people right and youll be fine. GOOD LUCK

5. green boy1

Yea thats the best way of having customer for example im not the kind of person that runs whith the equipment( u know, I like the details on all that I do)