high pressure

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bblawncare, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bblawncare

bblawncare LawnSite Member

I've got a commercial property with a 3hp submersible pump. There are 13 zones (all Hunter mist heads) and the pressure is @ 80-90 psi. It looks like the place is on fire when the sprinklers run. I located a couple of the valves and turned the flow control down as a temp fix, but I am thinking this should not be a permanent solution as I had to turn it WAY down. I don't think rotors are an option because it is a long, narrow property-a "curvy" sidewalk with 10' of irrigated area on one side and 4' on the other. I read through some previous threads about excessive pressure, but I'm not sure what would be the best fix for this. I see where Hunter has a valve with a pressure regulator "Accu set"-would replacing all the regular valves with something like this work? As always, thank you for any input.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

First try running more than one zone at a time.

3. bblawncare

I hate to sound like the ignorant, inexperienced irrigator wannabe that I am, but if I don't, then I will never learn so here goes: How do I do that?:confused:

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know where the valves are located, and how to manually operate them?

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Or, set two programs at the clock for the same time & see how the performance is.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, you are old. :cry:

7. bblawncare

I know where most of the valves are (hopefully will find the rest with my station master "chatter"). So I am guessing I would turn on zone 1 at the controller and then go manually open another valve. (I do know how to do that). If this made an improvement, how would I set it up to run more than 1 zone all the time? Or am I already getting way ahead of myself?

8. Mike Leary

"Old" is cranking on the flow control.

9. Mike Leary

Nope, what controller do you have?

10. bblawncare

Hunter ICC