1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

High priced residential cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by dmk395, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Anyone have any $500-600 ones? I have a few, all takeaways, my 3 man crew is usually there for half a day, and sometimes fill up the truck with the vac (one ton dump with 5 foot sides). People balk at these prices but these jobs take a lot of work and are expensive for us to complete, anyone else have a lot of these type jobs?
  2. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Our biggest one each year is $4100. Basically we clean about 5 acres of heavily wooded lawn (mostly moss) of all leaves and debris. Property has about 150 good size trees and lots of downed limbs. We take about 5-6 Fuso dump loads of shredded leaves out of there along with 2 dump loads of brush. Spring cleanup is around $2800. It really helps going into winter with this one!

3. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

okay I'm way off I think.
  4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a couple in the $500 to $600 range. One is a take away and the other is a disposal to woods...lots of bed work on that one that really adds to the time.
  5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Got 26 more to go and 3 of them are that size then I have 3 more in the works one would be 600 another 1400 and the plaza is 2000 if I get it. I don't like 1 day clean ups but I can deal with it but if they go over a day and that 2k job might then it wears you and your crew out. Wait there is a 4th on my list that big but since its my house its free.
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I only have 3 more. Then some tree work. Never worked this late in the season, so the late advertising and mild weather has been good.
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

This ant late the 2005-2006 season was late kept getting snow so we would have a week off then go out and work till it snowed again. We finally called it quits on Feb 1st that year for fall clean ups. Now if I am done before Dec 20th its considered a great year.
  8. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have one in the $1200 range. Takes about 36 man hours and I take almost 30yards of loaded leaves away. There are a couple dozen rhododendron's to blow out, thats the worst part of the job.
  9. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

So your making $33 roughly per man hour? Including taking everything away? Ouch!
  10. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

My largest is $400. Did it this past Saturday. Took two of us less than half day. Not properly incorporating bed work into an estimate is the biggest error in fall cleanups IMO. I know because I've been there done that.
    This year, I was lucky as I have built a decent customer base with my people and they trust me so I was able to charge hourly with a rough estimates as its hard to estimate leave cleanup.