High quality 120v fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bellaireroad, Nov 29, 2009.

1. bellaireroad

bellaireroad LawnSite Member
    from texas

Who makes the best quality in your opinion, especially spots.

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry but your question lacks enough detail to begin to answer it. What type of fixtures are you seeking? There are literally hundreds of quality manufacturers out there.

3. bellaireroad

bellaireroad LawnSite Member
    from texas

Thanks, I'll give some background. First off, I am not a pro. My system consists of 10 uplights on 120v system, controlled by lutron homeworks relay. The system has been in place for about 5 years. When it was installed, the brand of fixture was R*B (not sure if specifying names is ok). The fixtures use a Halogen Light Bulb with GY6.35 Bi Pin Base. They are located in flower beds across the front of the house where they are exposed to sprinklers several times a week during the growing season. They are used to wash the walls.

I have not had much luck with the R*B fixtures. They have been replaced once. The glass has cracked (in a mosaic pattern) on several of them, and has fogged on several others. The fixture has a ring which is unscrewed to change the bulb, the O RING sometimes becomes unseated when the ring is hand tightend. This seems to be a bad design. The finish is apparently powder coated, but becomes faded after 6 months.

So I would like to put something in more durable. I don't mind spending more for a quality product. Maybe an LED, not sure how durable these are.

Any advice appreciated

4. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Kim Kim Kim

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

KIM Lighting is going to be one of your top picks for sure, just be ready for a significant price difference between then and the RAB products you have now.

That said, there are others that make excellent 120V fixtures too. Lumiere, BK, and Vision3 to name just a few.

If you want to spend less money and still find decent quality fixtures, look to Vista.

6. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Agreed. The Vista offering is high-quality and reasonably priced.