High quality competition

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanak, Apr 4, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Kind of a funny story, A have noticed a house a couple blocks from me had grass that was getting mighty tall, wondered if they had somebody who cut it, or were just to lazy to do it themselves. Well sure enough tonight i see a jo blow their with his minivan and ghetto setup. I come back home and their is grass all over the walks, and street, im not talking clippings, im talking mounds of grass. I tell my wife, im gonna go drop off a business card to her. So i ring the bell, lady says Hello, My name is yada yada yada, the neighbor over here asked if i would drop off a business card (lie ofcourse). She says how come, obviously because the grass all over i tell her, she says, yea this is his first cut, she tells me to keep my hanger and business card, she would just throw em away anyways. Biatch, cough cough, ill bet she thinks its funny when i call the city tomorrow.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Why call the city? Just move on.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

bitter are we??? She probably knew you lied to her......

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, there are better things to do with your time than calling "the city". :rolleyes:

5. kpyoung

kpyoung LawnSite Member

I really don't understand why some of you guys get bent out of shape just because someone doesn't want your services. Mind your own business and let other people be.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

If it's the guy's first mowing, he is probably a friend of the family. That's more than likely why she wasn't even considering your services. Move on & hope she stops by later & asks for your number.

7. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Maybe she knew you cut grass and did not like the way you performed your work. And why lie??? If you went to business school you would know that is one of the worst things you can do to try to drum up work.. Just worry about yourself...

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont do that....

guys I have been getting so many customers by word of mouth...

if you call in on her consider your self calling in on yourself....

some people just flat dont care.... I have customers like this

9. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty obvious you don't have enough work to keep yourself busy.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

uhm, I think there exists some coincidence here?

[​IMG]

It's not because I'm better than you, sadly I speak from my own experiences, the good news is change is possible.