High-quality Logo help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CP Estates, Mar 21, 2006.

1. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

I've got the logo for my business in a really low resolution format. I've seen some offers from guys (gals) here to help out with putting one together. Will anyone here take my logo and re-do it so that I can actually use it for letterhead etc?

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

see my profile... send to yahoo email. I'll see what I can do.

3. CP Estates

from North

:waving: Thanks for your help. The file is on it's way.

4. Carolina Cuts

assuming you wanted a logo to replace the 'text' in your letter head...
    messin' around, came up with this

carryingplace copy.jpg

5. CP Estates

from North

Did you get the image of the canoe? That is the logo that I wanted - I just need it re-created in high resolution so it looks like smooth lines instead of a bunch of dots.:confused:

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that is why true, graphic designers, use , freehand, illustrator... to creat logos... they creat vector art.... most amatures try and do everything in photo shop, raster art.... the file has to be created at the proper resolution in the first place, or it must be totally redone....

take what you have to a professional and have it recreated....

7. Carolina Cuts

Didn't get your logo until now...
    The original you sent was just text... no logo... that's why I assumed you wanted something created. Ummmm... just for sh(ts & giggles... whats a canoe have to do with property maintenance??? Lemme' work on it...

DaveInT - I have photoshopCS2, Illustrator CS2...(every version created) InDesign CS2..Image Ready...Adobe Designer 7.0... GoLive...Corel Draw...etc... just about every commercial graphic design software used by designers... plus 2 years of Graphic Design school. :rolleyes:

besides, he just wants something for a letterhead... image above is 300 dpi... suitable for any printer...

8. CP Estates

from North

The area is historically known for being a major route from and to the great lakes northward. Hense the canoe.

If you can re-create the image from scratch in Illustrator or Adobe so that it looks cleaner I'd greatly appreciate it.

9. Carolina Cuts

all I did was convert it to 300 dpi... and emailed it to you.
    if you want me to recreate it in Illustrator... I could do that also...
    any particular size??? 1",2", 3" ??? With or w/o lettering?

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but he really didnt..... im in design and printing too... thats why im doing this now....enough said right....

:)

like i said im sure your work is outstanding, but folks just dont get the whole resolution thing in general.... or the difference with the raster and vector art....:)

i go though i everyday with clients... what do you mean high resoultion thats what i asked for and thats what they sent me...(pulled something off the net).....:hammerhead: