High School Athletic Field

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wglawncare, Apr 2, 2007.

1. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

I am a high school student and my school has just approached me to mow the newly constructed athletic fields. The area to be mowed is appreoximately 5 acres. I have to give them a quote by this upcoming Friday. Any help you can give me would be very appreciated. Right now I would be mowing it on my own with no help w/ a Kubota Zero 21 Diesel 60". Thanks,Wally

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

it sounds like its wide open and no trimming??? doesnt sound like it will take that long. need more info

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

How come everyone always assumes no trimming??

When was the last time you drive past a high school, with a football field(s), baseball field(s), soccer field(s), softball field(s), practice field(s) and there wasn't a fence in sight??

Don't baseball fields have fences in the outfield??

Don't football fields have fences to keep just anyone from driving out in the middle of them after the Friday / Saturday night high school house party??

What about the goal posts / dug outs / bleachers??

Right now, it takes me about 6 hours to mow / trim (2) softball fields, 1 soccer field, (2) baseball fields, a practice football field, and the regular football field with a Kubota ZD 28 / 60" mower. The mowing part is easy, about 45 minutes / field. It's the trimming BOTH sides of the fences that eats the time.

And trust me..... the grass ISN'T greener on the other side......

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Lwnmwrman22 is right on.

It depends on how much trimming there is. As for the mowing, you can plan on about 45 minutes to an hour for each field with your mower.