1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

High School Senior Picks Up Prom Date In John Deere Tractor

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JKOOPERS, Apr 26, 2007.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget taking a limousine to the prom. One high school senior drove his date in a 1992 green John Deere 8760 tractor.

"A few people made bets with me that I wouldn't do it," said Levi Rue, a senior at New Rockford-Sheyenne High School. "I guess I won them."Advertisement

Rue suggested the idea to his date, Alissa Bachmeier, last Thursday, two days before the prom. She wasn't sure, worried about her dress getting dirty.

But after Rue showed her pictures of the tractor and promised to make sure it was immaculate, Bachmeier agreed. "I cleaned it up pretty good," he said.

Bachmeier wore a lime green prom dress that nearly matched the tractor.

Rue said they drove around town and to his grandmother's house to show her the unusual chariot.

"We got quite a few people who stopped and looked and stared and waved," he said.
  2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats sweet! A kid took a JD 455 to the prom a couple years ago here..
  3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

He should'a picked her up on a real tractor- an allissa-chalmers!
  4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

That is awsome. I should have thought of that.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As long as she wasn't some "knappy headed back-hoe" ! :p :laugh:
  6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

A few years ago a kid picked up his prom date in a Cat #12 grader. 50s model that he and his dad restored. It looked sharp!

I joked about picking up my date with a 4020 John Deere.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

A school district around here has a prom tradition where students pick up there dates and go to the from in odd ball veichles!
  8. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

Back a few years ago quite a few guys drove their tractors to the last day of classes. Took up quite a bit more room in the parking lot than normal.
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

that's cool, those pictures that i'm sure their families took, will make great memories when they look back on it all.
  10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member