High Speed Chase Through My Account!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnshark, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

Like most of you, I have two accounts side by side. I was mowing one of them when I noticed tire tracks coming from the road into the yard, through the yard and back onto the road(the account is on a corner). I thought someone could've missed the turn the night before and just ran off the road. I thought nothing of it and kept mowing. That night on the ten o'clock news I saw a report of a high speed chase going through Columbia where I was earlier that day. I watched as they approached the corner where my accounts are and with my jaw on the floor I saw the truck miss the turn, come down the hill, right through the yard, and back on the street! They later stopped him and he had committed a burgulary down the street. This happened 2 hours before I was there! Thank God I wasn't in the Yard! :eek:

2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, no kidding. Good to hear you're alright, Jeff. That's a scary thought to think someone could come barreling through a yard while you're on it...

Keep your eyes open, people!

-TGC

3. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

Here I thought high speed chases were invented in California by a guy named OJ

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Fireball,
    If AJ and OJ were in a high speed chase in California then
    the chases we have around here must be hyperspeed!

All kidding aside, that's pretty amazing Lawnshark. Maybe sometime I'll tell my story of my run-in with Sugar Ray Leonard.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You are very lucky you were not on the lawn.

If this would of been a chase like OJ's, I think a ZTR could of out run him. :D

6. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

i had the same thing happen to me about 6 years ago
    except it was my house and she hit my house

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I heard a story this season about someones car losing its brakes and coming down the embankment into the neigborhood below.

I think it was a raised perennial bed that stopped the car???

Just goes to show you that you have to keep your eyes and ears open at all times!!!

Kris