High-wheeled mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimmyStew, Mar 8, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone still make a high rear wheel 21" mower? I've searched online with the different mfgs and it seems nobody still makes one.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Billy goat contour...........:cool2:
  3. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

yazoo caster cut trail mower. I know their are some others the prisons use a non self propelled high wheel in many places that does not have a self propelled mechenism on it. just start surfing the web
  4. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if u are looking for commercial grade or not, but a saw a high wheel craftsmen at sears last week. I think it was only $250.
  5. packey

Keemowers.com I just looked them up they have both an aluminum deck mower and a steel deck mower. the steel deck mower looks like copy of the yazoo master cut that I have that is such an awesome mower.
  6. JimmyStew

I'm not looking for "commercial" grade but something with a bit more umph than craftsman! This is the type of mower I'm thinking of, though.
  7. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Im actually running a craftsman self propelled with a 6.75 horse and high rear wheels. It was given to me by my dad for mowing his yard for him. After using commercial 21's for years it is really dissapointing. Luckily i only have one spot i use it one, and usually i just end up using the string trimmer on it. Takes almost 15 minutes extra by the time i walk all the way around to the gate, get in and mow this one little area, and then all the way back.

But pretty much after using a high rear wheel mower, i dont like it. It is actually harder to turn than the ones with small wheels.

8. packey

if you noticed that is why I did not suggest a home owner version. youcan find those at walmart kmart sears and any ace or true value. If you want a good high wheel mower for hard work that is what the kees mower would be for. I have always been impressed with my yazoo it will even cut circles around my commercial snapper that I have. the only down side is that it is a heavy beast that side discharges as far as turning it their is no problem. If you want a good high wheel mower look for a used one on ebay or craigslist.
  9. JimmyStew

Sorry, packey. I posted that reply before I read your post. I checked out that website and they seem like decent machines. Unfortunately, no dealers even close to me.
  10. dubmckay

dubmckay LawnSite Member

kee mowers would be your best bet, I believe the come with a limited lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on the deck and two years on everything else. Kees by trailmate have been made for quite some time, while similar to the old Yazoos- you won't find the chain drive that you see on the Yazoos...the worst thing about the Kees- the price, in MissLou, you will look to spend $850 or so for a 22" steel deck push mower