Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

When is the best time to purchase a mower, spring or fall?? Can you talk dealers down or to throw in extras?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

fall if they're overstocked, if they've only got 1 or 2 left they aint gonna really work it too much.
  3. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

fall because next years models are on thw way in , they have to move out this year models.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have always received better deals in the fall...or later winter when they have old models that they want to get rid of
  5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

I have always thought non cutting season was the best time to buy. Dealers have the next year model arriving anytime and they can sell it before the tax man counts it.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

buy a used one, about 2 or 3 weeks before xmas. talk em down, they are desperate. personally, i came right out and told my kids this santa claus thing was only a hoax, this way, i save a bundle at xmas time.
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Bet you told them there was no Easter Bunny to...........:(
  8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

After Bobby showed them a few pics of the Penthouse Bunny, they really didn't give a darn about the Easter one:blush:
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea, "this is the easter bunny boys". ..."dad, are those two big things how the mommy easter bunny feeds her babies?" ....."when u get older boys, u will understand, but for now, lets not mention this to mom."
  10. GLAN

GLAN Banned