higher floatation tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

hmmm. I've recently been looking at Iron Planet -- I'm in the market for another track loader. I get scared buying something I can't see though. I don't know a whole lot about this Iron Planet.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

As you know if you buy a machine that offers the inspection it is pretty inclusive to include engine oil and hyd. analysis. Still buying something you cant operate is a gamble. You can read the fine print on their inspections and warranty. The only issue I have is that the transporation can be a PITA. I have been satisfied with the items I have purchased.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yes, transportation could be an issue. I noticed some items in the mid atlantic states, but a lot in the midwest as well. Maybe I should look a little harder, 19k is a lot cheaper than what i'm looking at around here.

sorry if I hijacked this thread.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Get an 05 RC85 with 900 hours for 19500. That is a smokin deal if that is what your looking for. I don't know what they are new but I imagine around 50K. One went to Australia, maybe Squizzy bought himself one.

6. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im still affraid of buying a heavy piece of machinery of the internet and have never run it or looked at it closely. Not to say these guys could not do a good and honest inspection but also they may miss something. I guess if you was getting down to the narrow and you really had a good enough deal you could fly out and look at it. I think for now I would just stick to the smaller items which appears what ksss, is doing. Not too much can go wrong with tires and rims especially at that price.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The most expensive I item I have purchased was a Tag trailer total price by the time I got it home was 13800. Everything else was under 5K

8. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering, is a 465 Bobcat one of the small machines? Never heard of that number. The small machines have a smaller diameter rim, I am not sure if there are any clearance issues due to the shorter wheelbase. I have seen a 463 Bobcat with the 16 inch wide tires, and it makes a huge difference in the sand but also expands it's width making it unable to get through a narrow gate. If you have the extra foot of width to spare the little ASV would be a good machine if it's priced right and in good shape.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 465 is a CASE machine 3000 plus ROC it weighs 9K plus .

10. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Ksss,
    I have those tires on my 205 Bobcat and love them. They will help you out alot. If not for those tires here in the florida sand I would need tracks.