Higher price for very rich people?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KINGjosh, Mar 1, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, if you walked up to a house to give an estamite, and it was a very nice house, with several cars all over $50k a piece. Does your price go up automatically by 10-20%?

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

They definately don't get any deals on anything.

3. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

It's called a surcharge, BUT that said to keep it @ inflated rates one must master the art of CS.....

:)

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't go over board, if it's a forty dollar lawn I go say $50 not much more Rich people deserve to pay a fair price too. These are the people that have rich friends and colleages thus the best people for refferals

5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I would substract 10 to 25%,they might need the money to pay for those $50,000 cars and toys. :waving:

6. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Ahh, the art of CS.... Do tell.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The 5-1M homes with all the toys in the driveway are usually the worst payers. I usually suggest an auto pay by credit card each month to eliminate one more bill for them to send out, and to make sure we get our money on time.

8. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

Nope. Pricing is set by policy. A $50.00 lawn cost $50.00 for anybody. A wealthy person can see when they are being taken advantage of, just as well as you and I. The quickest way to loose any demographic is to single them out for higher pricing. I want the wealthy persons lawn, a person with more disposable income is more apt to purchase other services; such as chemicals, mulch, pruning and new installs.

9. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I've found that people who appear to have money are the hardest to get it out of.

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I agree. Mowing prices are determined by the amount of work involved. Not by the wealth of the customer. Wealthy people are not stupid and will usually know what the going rates are for mowing lawns in their area. I have a few customers that are very wealthy and I make a lot of money on their account from other services, like mulch, shrubs and clean-ups.

Look at it this way. They didn't get rich by giving away their money to someone that was trying to take advantage of them.