hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Sep 5, 2001.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

picked up a new acct on lake tillery. its real steep but this little lazer 52 is just a hill mower. if i take my time and approach right
    its like thats what it was made for. i am in luv ,course shes getting some age ,but i am to.my compliments to exmark.
    i could only hope a new one would perform as well.
    okay brag mode off:D

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:eek: Just watch out for the "WHITE KNUCKLE EXPRESS TO THE BOTTOM AND IN THE LAKE. :eek: I remember the first and only time that my lazer started to slide down the hill. I had read all the posts about turning up the hill but made a mistake and turned the wrong way. I luckily stopped it and got my lazer out of that mess before there was real trouble!!!:cry:

3. alabubba

alabubba LawnSite Member

I have a new Lazer HP 52 and it is really good on hills, within reason. Its actually got a lower seat height than the other lazers, which with my weight (~220 lb) has to mean a lower center of gravity. Of course, I'm not going to be a daredevil, but within reason, I'm far more concerned that its dry enough for the mower to maintain traction than I am about it tipping over. mow money is right, watch out for the "WHITE KNUCKLE EXPRESS TO THE BOTTOM AND IN THE LAKE."

bubba

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

long as its not to wet i shouldnt have any problems.
    the grade is steep but not so that its taken a chance every time
    i dont do that. in any case i got good many trees to aim for
    in a slide.ill have to brush up on my nascar driving. :) later now

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mine does really good with hills also. Hills and pretty steep grades don't really scare me. But I sure will NOT get on one early in the A.M. I've hit a few wet spots and you do skip a few heartbeats.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

yep been there 65

7. alabubba

alabubba LawnSite Member

And make sure there ain't no sharks in that lake! Hate to have to jump in a pull you out!

8. I have more sliding problems when it's dry than when it's wet on my 60" Lazer. I think the tire needs something to bite into.

LGF:blob1:

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

did somebody say s s sharks. talk about a bad dream.
    i luv the ocean right where its at. did the kitty cruise
    offered to 17 yr olds at the time. the JOHN W. WEEKS
    A DESTROYER GOT AWFUL LITTLE IN THAT OCEAN.
    NOT MY CUP O TEA