hillsides and h-bar?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lampeslawnservice, Feb 18, 2006.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone could give feedback on how the hydro walk behinds with the H-bar do on hills. I wonder if they would be difficult to handle or do they get better as you get used to them. I am interested in the 48" trimstar for one. And any info on the 32" walkbehind if any one is using it would be nice. looking to seriously cut down on time in the field this year.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our walks do excellent on hills, we have a nice wide wheelbase, so they stick to hills great!
    The H-Bar has a 10 minute learning curve, you will be a expert on it in no time at all.
    Demo a H-Bar and you will be sold.

3. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, would like to demo a 48" hydro come spring and a 32" wb also so I will be in touch
  4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

My SWB handles hills very well and I don’t think you will find a better steering system. It has gone up some slopes so steep that I was concerned about oil-starvation and pulling me on a BullRider.
    I purchased my Hustler SWB in 03 and have not been disappointed in its performance.
    If I had it to do all over again I would buy the same machine, do your self a favor and demo a Hustler.
    I wouldn’t speak so highly about the Hustler walk-behind if I didn’t believe it to be true.

Jeff Gordon