hillside's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kpetzold, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

hey everybody, was just wondering , is mowing on imbankments hard on the engine , as far as oil starvation . karl:confused:

2. eauxkielawns

eauxkielawns LawnSite Member

I have heard if it being a problem with some Kohler engines. Something about the oil flowing to one side and damaging the engine. I would suggest reading the owners manual and talking to a local mower mechanic you trust. The owners manual should tell you the degree of slope the manufacture recommends.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

most commercial engines are fully pressurized so hills unless very steep will not harm the engine since there designed to work on grades for limited periods. If your going to be working on steep hills for extended periods of time check with the company who made the engine, they will be able to give you the correct information. Working on hills for extended periods of time causes a lot of stress on welded areas of the frame so you may want to check those areas once a week for breaks or stress cracks.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Most manuals have a safe operating angle were sufficient oil is obtained to lubricate everything. Just check in the manuals...I beleive you can find a lot of the info online with the manufacturers

5. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

yhanks all, i will check. karl