Hinkley, Ohio - Mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by snap12.5, Jun 2, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i am doing a job in Hinckley and need 7-8 yards of mulch. i dont usually work this far out but this is a big job. the places i called in that area are charging $27+ per yard delivered which is more than $12/yard what i pay in the akron area.

are there any places in Hinckley that have good mulch for a decent price???
  2. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a full size long bed pickup, just make 2 or 3 runs to Akron to pick up mulch. you can fit 3 yards in the bed, even more if you have a trailer to put some mulch on.

Where in Akron is mulch sold for $12 a yard? Up towards cleveland I'm paying $20+ a yard.
  3. jim_g

jim_g LawnSite Member

My guess is that we're talking apples and oranges. The $27/yd stuff out of Hinkley is probably a double chop premium mulch, which is my preference but it does seem a little pricey. Did you ask for a contractors price on that mulch? I think most suppliers discount delivered mulch to landscapers.

I really cannot imagine the stuff being delivered for $12/yd is much more than tree chips, but I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

I'd ask the guys at Sagamore Soils about getting mulch in Hinckley. If they can't deliver it themselves, they'll still try to point you in the right direction. They're out of Hudson, (330) 650-0812, and their mulch is absolutely a vintage quality this year.
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Try Madden Bro. in Brunswick, there in the book
  5. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

the mulch that i use is $12/yard but i mistakenly left out that with delivery it comes to $14-$15/yard depending on size of load. it is good quality mulch (not wood chips thats for sure) that keeps its color for quite a while.
  6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Sagamore soils....home of the $100 or whatever it is delivery fee....even 5 mins. up the road.