Hire an Excellent Worker this Winter - ME :)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SuperShovel, Oct 14, 2003.

1. SuperShovel

SuperShovel LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone

You can benefit from a skilled contractor working at labor rates. I'm in need of winter work and an escape from Michigan weather. Anyone down south who would be interested let me know.

I'm excellent with homeowners. 90% of my customers hire us again (and again) or refer me to a friend who hires us. I think this figure is actually going up after this year but I haven't done the math yet. I have been grossing around 100k per season of business (6months) with myself and 1 laborer.

I'm a hustler and commited to getting a job done and done well with quality. I love landscaping, that's why I do it.

I can do these projects from start to finish including design and guaranteed quality.

Brick Paving
    Retaining Walls

Grading - Can grade anything perfect with a JD tractor

Irrigation systems

Just about any and all landscape projects.

I'm willing to sub-contract or work as an employee. To pay expenses in MI I would like to make around $15/hr. However where you live rent may be cheaper and I will have some money saved from summer so lower than that may work especially if there is enough work per week.

Get me out of here! It's cold!

Thanks
    Tom Lange

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Come up north and I'll put you to work freezing your azz off shoveling walkways. I'll even pay you $16hr. :cool:

3. SuperShovel

Hey paponte, thanks for the offer. That's good pay, how many hours a week?

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,

Every been to sunny Phoenix, Arizona?
    Best winter around.

I could set you up as an employee or as a sub-contractor. However, in Arizona you need a license, which takes about 3 months an 4 thousand bucks. But, you could work under my license.

We do only pavers and retaining walls. Mostly pavers. Cost of living in Phoenix is 70% compared to the rest of the US.

Check out the web site.

RM Stonescaping Website

Peace,

Rex

5. SuperShovel

Hi Rex

Thanks for the offer. I've seen your site before and was impressed. I've been to Pheonix in the winter and it was sunny and 80 every day.

Sometime in November I will be making a decision on which winter job I'll be taking, can I give you a call then?

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Rex.

Need a laborer with no "bs" in phoenix for 2-3 months? (Dec-Feb)

Will be doing last landscape install, lawn, beds, retaining wall etc (thank god) in the next 2 weeks here in tropical OHIO.
    Not much snow back home in Australia (ie none) so no interest in snow plowing here in OHIO. Wife has friends in Phoenix.

email:coreaeration@yahoo.com

Wayne.

7. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,

I am in michigan too and looking for work. anyone wanna see my work take a look at my website. Hire us both we can carpool

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member