Hired, then fired, then hired again, etc...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Swampbeast, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, question for all of your more experienced pro's out there. I have never had this happen before. A lady hired me last summer to do her lawn, then she fired me because my crew used bump-feed weed eater heads. She found out every one else uses them to, so she hired us back, for an extra $5 a week. Well guess what? She just fired us again! Why? Cause one of the guys on my crew tripped on a rock, and partially flattened a small flower plant in a garden, the plant was fine, it popped back up, but she got mad and fired us anyways. Now she is calling back today (News years day to!) asking us to come back and work for her. I dont know what to do. Do I take the job again, charging her even more? Or do I just tell her to find someone else.

And on a different note, does anyone else besides me think this woman is insane?

Thanks in advance...

:cool:

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Tell Not to call ever again. your time is worth more than the time it takes to please her.

3. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

YES! she is nuts, and DON'T take here back!!

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Tell he to get bent.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Heck, what better way to raise your price constantly. Add $5 or more to it and take her back. Let her insanity pay you.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

take her back, make her pay for the next 12 months in advance

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

If she keeps taking you back, then you are a cut above the rest. Feel proud.

I will take back a customer one time only. Then only if they weren't a pain to start with.

I have a buddy who does mow & go work cheap. First time customer calls he listens. Second time he tells them find someone else.

8. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, never turn down money.

9. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Raise her $5 again...if she complains tell her to call elsewhere...if she doesn't take you back...no sweat off your back...if she does...then you got another $5 raise...and maybe she'll think twice of firing you so quickly if its gonna cause an increase in price each time

ALSO...what was her gripe about bump-feed heads...what did she think was so bad about them that made her fire you?

10. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Don't take her back. What do you think she says about your company after you've been fired? The posssible bad PR is not worth it.

John