1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hiring a new guy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmk395, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

My business is usually made up of myself and 2 employees. Being MA and seasonal, April May and June are extrememly busy.....with a slow down in summer and early fall, then its busy again in November. I need 3 guys for half the time, and 2 the rest of the year. I usually try and keep guys busy even when we are slow, which gives me time off, but ends up costing me more money than anything.........I again am looking to hire another person, to fill up my three man crew, but I am wondering if its really worth it taking on a full timer......The company is growing, but not to the level, where I can keep every guy busy fulltime for the entire year. While I hope to keep growing, I hate this dilemna because when I offer someone a job, I don't like cutting back hours because who can live on that......what do you do if u are in a similar situation?
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you find a college student that may not want all the hours? Maybe someone that has class 2 days a week and wants to work the other 3. There are people out there that don't want 40 hours.