Hiring a Salesman

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by EWS, May 27, 2008.

1. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

How many of you guys have a salesman employed with you. Does this help you out or do you find that its easier to sell yourself. I have become to busy to actually go out and sell becuase I like to be on the jobsites so I can make sure everything goes well. Im not lucky to have a good foreman that I can trust yet. But I have the oppurtunity to have a relative of mine go out and sell. I was thinking I would pay him a commision on his sales because that should get him out there selling.. whats your opinions..
  2. dannyray

dannyray LawnSite Member

We have yet to go door to door. Would first check local pan handle law. You can usually get a permit for a day or year. Have thought about enlisting the local boy scouts and girl scouts, youth baseball teams the list goes on. Sometime it helps to put a little back into the community. Any comments? Also have thought about donating toward care backages from home for those overseas I know that they would greatly be appreciated.

Hope this helps

My tenants have it better than me.
  3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I have my helper so some selling, door to door, or man mall booths during home shows etc. The door to door is a great filler for rainy days. Half the job, is to educate the customers, as to what is good, and why to stay away from other that may not have their interest at heart. We have had great luck with this format.
  4. Iam going to tell you straight up GET A SALESMAN, think about it, is he going to cost you money NO is he going to make you money YES
    If you want any more info you can pm
  5. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

Hey thanks for the reply.. so do you have a salesman. any tips would be appreciated. how do you pay him commission... My brother in law is a salesman for a uniform rental business linen company and he helps me out on the side. Plus he only works lie 15 hours a week at his job so I can have him sell for me. hes pretty good. I just neeed a game plan. I also just brought striping in house.. Thanks in advance.