1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

hiring established Lco

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Schlepie, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

What do you do if someone who has about 10-14 lawns comes and works with my business? Do you pay them hrly on the jobs they already have or do they do these on the side and with a no compete clause on any new jobs he or she may aquire?
    Help?

Schlep

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i wouldn't hire them...too close for comfort.

he will either use you equip, steal your customers or use you for knowledge.

3. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

I would say if hes set up as a bizz to just treat him as a sub contractor and have him sign a non compete agreement. But really not enough info to make an informed suggestion.
    Does he have a bizz structured?
    Will you have him workin with his own set up or your?
    How well do you know him?

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, but you are too vague...need more information to make any suggestions for you.

5. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

If I were hired by a larger LCO, I would knock out the 10-14yrds in a couple days. It would be good experience to work with a crew of more than 2 guys. But I wouldn't want to stay it that posistion for the whole season.

It could ultimately benefit you in the long run...

6. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

Your best work and reputation will be based on the worst work these guys do.