Hiring for the 1st Time.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CC Lawncare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have been in the lawncare for a few years but have never actually had full-time employees, outside of my family. I have put off hiring others for longer than I should but now I can put it off no longer. Can anybody help me with their version of an "Employee Booklet" "Standard Operation Procedurses" that states what/what not employment with my(or your) company entails?
    I can fine-tune it to make it applicable to my company but I am looking for someones help with a format or template to get me started in the right direction.Please Help! :confused:

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

This is something I am interested in as well. I haven't looked around much. I would think that there might be a "standard" one on the internet that you could modify.

3. CC Lawncare

I did a web search but all I was coming across were greens programs that were available for a fee. I will go that route if I must but I am hoping to put something together myself.

4. drsogr

5. CC Lawncare

Thank you drsogr. I will take a look at that link now. I have been planning to give the SBA a call but wasn't sure if they would have what I needed in a easy-to-get-to manner. By the link that you sent me, it looks like they do. Thanks again!

6. drsogr

If you get something together...you might light me look it over. I have been wanting to build an employee manual. I could proofread yours and give you some ideas. That would help both of us out.

7. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

go to the pa state web page. it was www.state.pa.us but i think i t may have changed. click on starting a business, or small business links. i printed out a 50 page book on what to do.

good luck

8. CC Lawncare

Drsogr.
    Yeah, so good to me. I am working on it now and will keep you posted when it is done for review. It will be a couple weeks most likely though.

9. CC Lawncare

Thanks Deere Hauler. I will check that link out as well.