1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hiring Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FranklinTNmower, Mar 1, 2007.

1. FranklinTNmower

FranklinTNmower LawnSite Member

Does anyone have ideas on good resources for labor? What is the prevailing hourly wage?
  2. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I live about an hour form you and I was paying $8 per hour last year. I went through so many employees at $6-$7 per hour I thought it was worth the extra money to keep a good employee. A good weedeater man is hard to find that is a true American.
  3. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I don't pay any less than $10 per hour. Even at that I can't find good or even acceptable, help.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I know minimum wage is probably a lot less where you guys are, but here with minimum wage being $7.92, it takes a lot to keep a guy on a maintenance crew. I've seen help wanted ads that are advertising anywhere from $11 - $14 an hour depending on experience. I work in a restaurant part time and make $8.25 in wages but if you factor in my tips it's around $15 an hour, so hiring help out here is really, really expensive.

Our landscape crew gets $9.50 an hour starting out with zero experience and $10.50 after the first year.