1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hiring Promotional Models for Home and Garden Shows>?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone Hire "Event/Promotional Models" for their display.
    You know to hand out stuff.
    Is their statistics that show they help.
    Do they help sell more by drawing attention to the display given that guys are more likely to take even a week old sandwich from a hot chick.

Just a thought.
  2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Now this is the first time that you could make an actual joke about mrusk, him being young and all wrapped up in landscaping I doubt he has time to chase the chix:laugh::laugh::laugh:Of course hire hot chix, There is no way you don't make your money back. Plus i want tons of pics............
  3. kootoomootoo

Vic....maybe you can help me decide who I should hire.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I say go for it, I don't know much about this kind of advertising since im a small co, But I like the idea, I would love to see the wives faces when their husband goes to talk to a young hotti about their turf. Get some pics if you do this. GOOD LUCK
  5. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just depends on what kind of customer you are tryn to attract.....now on the other hand more the better while wearing little and don't forget the after party at the house
  6. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I cant wait for the pic LOL
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Tough call.

In most cases, it's the female who has the ultimate say in who does their work.

So if the female in charge of the house hold is into chicks - then go for it. But if she's not - then that probably would not be a good idea.

Or, if it's a house with 2 guys......then they probably would not be phased.

Everyone loves a puppy! A puppy will please all! Just go find a puppy to use for the weekend and it'll draw quite a crowd.
  8. kootoomootoo

Puppy is a great idea.

Some of the ladies I have had apply will also draw a crowd....tough call.
    I am sure I can incorporate both in design.
  9. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

I would have to say that is would not be a good ideal. My experiences have been that the female of the house makes most of the financial decisions.
    when i do home shows my fiance helps me out and i have her wear a very conservative polo and jean outfit. she does a fantastic job talking with the female patrons and i go over all the technical detail with the guy. i actually take her on estimates after the home show (if her works schedule permits) and i have landed every estimate that she has tagged along with. the guests at the home shows are looking for someone they can trust and relate to, its not a hot rod meet. take an intelligent, attractive female and you will see much more interest from prospective clients then if you had bikini girls. The puppy ideal is a fantastic ideal and i would do that if your expo allows animals.
  10. kootoomootoo

Like the puppy these girls arent getting paid to sell patios..just hand out stuff.