Hiring sales ladies ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you pay them commision only ? do you pay them by the hour, salary ? What is the % they get from there sale ? I can hadle a unlimited amount of new customers we are metally,physically, & equipment wise ready.

2. So is this Female shovenistic?

Let's let men have their equil right also

Salesperson.

Salery plus comission.

Now you have to figure your % of what you want them to make off your sales.

3. Bunton Guy

Anybody have any more info ? on payment ?

4. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

what services are they selling? when i was a rep it was salary (your market will decide that) plus 5% comm. 2.5% up front and 2.5 every time the service was done. this was only for the first 12 months. the next year the company paid 0 for com on this property.

5. Bunton Guy

It would be maint. & Installs.

6. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

Have to ask. Why do you need a sales person? What are you selling? you should be able to sell 500g to 1 mil by yourself.
    I would advise against a sales person. they add alot to your overhead. If you pay the 30 grand and bill 10,000 man hrs. that adds $3 per hr or $9 per hr for a 3 man crew. Can you sell more by yourself ? do you have a foremen that can help sell ?
    We have had sales people in the past that didn't work out. the best ones were foremen getting paid by the hr. They knew how long jobs take and were realistic with clients.

Hope this is helpful.

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i think it would depend on there looks :D :p :angel: i think by the hour would work, if they work a full day.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If you're after a heavy amount of commercial accounts an extremely attractive sales woman can be beneficial.

You or her.. submit all the proposals and have her (dressed to kill) follow up and close the deal. ;)

No idea what to pay though :D

9. sid

sid Banned

No. $50 or $100 depending on services performed.