Hiring workers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Feb 26, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Lots of questions, hope all of them can get answered with several opinions:

1) When did you guys first hire an employee, and did you look for an intelligent type worker who could be a top manager or branch manager in the future or just a worker bee?

2) How much do you guys pay your different types of workers? Managers, laborers, door hangers, salesmen, etc...?

3) Where did you go to find both types of workers?

4) How do I find H2B workers and your opinions on this system?

Thanks guys.

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

do your first hire with a citizen work out all the kinks that way you are prepared for the outsiders

Only hire if you have more work than possible. paying someone to stand around will bankrupt you!

3. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i will stick to citizens for a while, but always looking for advice on being more efficient and like to research different options before deciding on one.

cmon, how about some more suggestions or answers to the questions?

thanks.

4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Hired employee part time first then next year full timer

I took who ever showed up don't plan on keeping one for when you build up and need a leader just work with what you have cause most come and go within one season. Next did the mexician thing cause around here if you do that 80% of the people will drop you. You would be suprised how many clients are anti mexician in this part of OH.