His dog did it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

OK your clients dog took a crap. you service lawn and oops you didnt see it.now at the end of the cut you notice it. In your contract it says,"5 dollar clean up fee.(and we use your hose)... that month you send invoice with extra charge.customer calls and says. His dog did it, bill him. what in the hell do you say next?

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Tell him he signed the agreement. Not the dog. Tell him to payup and then tell him to sue his dog to recoup.

3. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

This is a joke right!,Ilike when people like you get in to the bizz,makes those who work hard and feel good!

copy_files.gif

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

if I were him I wouldn't pay it.

I'd tell you to either get over it or get some employees with enough operator skills to avoid hitting the land mines...otherwise, contract canceled. see ya.

GEO :waving:

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

tell him he pays this time, and keeps the yard clean, or his dog can cut the grass.. and cancel him, if he has an attitude about something small in the contract, how will he act when you try and collect for something else he disputes.....

just by him saying that , he has broken the contract, and that he does not take you or your contract seriously.......ditch the idiot

6. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

well thats my point.maybe i should not have this in my service agreement, **** is a sticky business!:p

7. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

dave your right these type of clients i dont want, do you have a poo poo clause also?

8. daveintoledo

10 dollar cleaning fee....

i mean its one thing if they keep the yard clean all the time and there is a fresh turd they miss...... but you can tell if they dont clean up after the dog enough.......

i mean its one thing if the guy called and said, im sorry i usually clean the yard befor you show.... it must be new or i missed some, but he just plain told you your contract means nothing to him

makes me mad, ill bet it really pisses you off:dizzy:

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

never even though of cleaning up the turds... I just cut right over the tops of the em....If igure if the homeoenwer doen't want to clean up their dog poo, why should I...

10. daveintoledo

cleaning up the mower
    :)