1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

his, is twice as big, as mine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 13, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

o boy, they never cease to amaze me...i been doin lots of estimates. meeting all kinds. how is this for logic- i quoted one lawn on the street, @ $40 per week. i quoted another, @$30 per week. the $30 per week customer calls up b!tching, that his lawn is only half the size of his neighbor down the street, and he knows i charged his neighbor $40. THEREFOR, his lawn, being half the size, should be $20, not $30. make sense?
  2. sounds like its time to get the shovel out.
  3. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

He needs to pay the 30 or tell him to find some one else. Customers do not set the price! You do!:gunsfirin :gunsfirin
  4. wherebluegrassgrows

wherebluegrassgrows LawnSite Member

Some people just want to feel like they got a deal I usually wont budge on price but I'll through in one free edging which I would probably do anyway. I like to cut the drive and walks out the first time I cut just seems to make weekly stops faster.

1PREMIER LawnSite Member

Do you guys eyeball the property and give the quote or do you tally the sq ft and do the .005 method...
    I am sure it is going vary based on the experience of the person and Comp within that area and all that, but what is the best way if I was a new guy, like whats the method that I should go with cause there are some many posts on the site its hard read em all and remember what i read, but I think I read that the .005 method is ol school way? Bare with me, I am new round here sorry pokin' my nose in, just lookin for any help I can get....
  6. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Ah, but does the $30 dollar lawn have more trim work?
  7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

You did explain that $30 is your minimum. Tell him that if him & his neighbor called a plumber and the plumber spent 1/2 hour at his neighbors house and 15 minutes at his house that they would both be charged the minimum rate (probably around $90) even though his neighbor got twice as much work done.

If he's still not happy tell him to get a bigger lawn :hammerhead:
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Size usually matters, but in grasscutting, it's irrelevant cause everyone should have a minimum stop fee. Exceptions of course can be made if deemed necessary.
  9. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

"his, is twice as big, as mine"

;) ;)

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Dump the one for disclosing
    Dump the other for being a cry baby