Hispanics

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tthomass, Aug 11, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Looking for some helpful insight into hiring hispanic labor. What do I need from them....a SS# or green card + employement forms that everyone else gets? I've yet to use hispanic labor.

Thanks.

2. tthomass

from N. VA

Also, taxes...........State, Fed and SS? or no?

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would imagine everything a normal employee would need. S.S.,drivers lic. or some other form of picture ID, fill out the app., and yes all taxes.

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just hire them like everyone else in this business does, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

if you do payroll guy the info they need to put them on it is pretty much all you need and i think they made me get their name address ss# d.o.b and if theyre gonna drive my ins agent needs that stuff plus d.l # and they do a drivers record i think thats it there may be one more thing

6. tthomass

from N. VA

I want proper documents and do not want to hire illegals......though they are on every corner.

I didn't know if dealing with green cards added anything else to the mix. I figured just the usual forms but additions, if any, I was not clear on.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

To hire ANYBODY legally you just need proof of identity and also proof of their eligibility to work in the US. A green card covers both, as does a US passport. Or there are a bunch of combos that are valid, such as a valid driver's license AND a SS card. Just google the form I-9 and you should be able to find and download what you're looking for.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont take any advice on this issue other than what your CPA gives....

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, Hoolie is right I had forgot about the I-9.

10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic