History of LAWNSITE for Old and New!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Jun 10, 2001.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

This is my 1000'th post and after I submit it I will look to see if I have become an "ADDICT". With that being stated I have been sitting back contemplating all of the history of this site since I joined on Jan 31, of 2000 (for a while they had me at Feb 2000) and I will be a little nostalgic and enter some of my memories and thoughts of Lawnsite.

I do this to get the old members thinking of how far this site has come and also for the new members that have no idea of some of the history.

I'd ask the older members to insert their own recollections of the history of this site and again I want to personally thank Chuck Keough for having the persistance to keep moving this site forward. On with the show.

I'll do this in question form so if you know these answers you are an old timer like me.

1. Who was the first registered member?
    2. What is the name of one of the original moderators who hasn't posted to this site since last December yet remains as one of the top 10 posters to the site?
    3. What media proclaimed "bad boy" of the lawn care industry had a nickname of Larry Flynt on another site?
    4. What was the original- original name of this site when born?
    5. What was the name after that?
    6. Who has a nervous condition and mows lawn to relax?
    7. Name 2 lawn care industry consultants that used to be regular contributors to this board.
    8. Name the reason one of them got a little upset and left.
    9. Name that gentlemans "automated response system".
    10. For a period of time in the past a strange thing would happen to certain words in all the threads. They would be typed in one way but the site mysteriously converted them to something else. What was the deal with that?
    11. What member had the 21.95 a month mowing deal?
    12. What post about bodily functions prompted nearly 100 responses?

Guys and girls, feel free to answer these questions. Also please submit your own as a little history lesson and reminder of the past to all.

Thanks for being here and making this site -THE BEST LAWNSITE- on the web bar none!

Forest likes this.
  2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

This ought to be GREAT! :D

C'mon you "oldtimers"...fill us in!

3. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Who was the person they ragged upon for hacking up Mrs. Smith's bushes? (Hint! this goes back to May 1999)

Mow Ed...the bad boy had that name here, was banded, and returned with another name.

13. Who else has been thrown off this board and come back as someone else? Who are they now?

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

aint to shore this isa goodthang

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on 1000 Ed. I do know the answers, but I will let some of the others fill in the blanks and I will answer the unanswered ones later. I wish we would of had a quiz like this when I was in school, (a quiz I know the answers to). :laugh:

Turf Medic and mag360 like this.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I wasnt here so i dont know the awnsers, but i want to.

7. I'll answer some question, but not completely. Make people search for the answers.
    1. Who was the first registered member? I would assume Chuck or EricElm
    7. Name 2 lawn care industry consultants that used to be regular contributors to this board. I think one is Phil Nilsson the other one I don't remember.
    11. What member had the 21.95 a month mowing deal? Grasboy
    12. What post about bodily functions prompted nearly 100 responses? Peein in the bushes

Well I tried. Let's see some others

John

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

1. First member was, I don't know. I'll throw a few names though, and hopefully one of them is right (Dino, Lawnguy, Eric Elm, Chuck Smith, pineisland). Not 100% on this one though. I know Eric was #5, not really sure who was first though)

2. What is Lazer?

3. Lawrence Stone I think

4. Original name was hall of fourums, right? Or was there one before that? Ahhha! Lawnicure

5. Oooops I guess there was, this one will be hall of forums

6. Most of us? :) Not Sure on this one either

7. Bill Phagan and Phil Nillson

8. Phil used to get picked on too much, don't remeber a particular incident. I think the collection for Chuck's cruise put the end to him though

9. A-1 Auto Response. AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA Good Memmories!

10. gr***, B***, *** Took out the famous three letter word every time you wrote about grass!

11. I wanna say grassboy, or maybe lawnboy (the original) I remember the AOL like setup he wanted to try, 24.95 a month for on call service 24-7! ;)

12. Peein in the bushes

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you still want to post the answers, don't read this one, if you want the answers, read this one. Some wanted to know right away. :)

1. Who was the first registered member? Chuck Keough
    2. What is the name of one of the original moderators who hasn't posted to this site since last December yet remains as one of the top 10 posters to the site? Carl (Lazer)
    3. What media proclaimed "bad boy" of the lawn care industry had a nickname of Larry Flynt on another site? Lawrence Stone
    4. What was the original- original name of this site when born? Lawnicure
    5. What was the name after that? Hall of Forums
    6. Who has a nervous condition and mows lawn to relax? Lawnranger(Mn.)
    7. Name 2 lawn care industry consultants that used to be regular contributors to this board. Phil and Bill
    8. Name the reason one of them got a little upset and left. Do I have to answer that?
    9. Name that gentlemans "automated response system". A-1
    10. For a period of time in the past a strange thing would happen to certain words in all the threads. They would be typed in one way but the site mysteriously converted them to something else. What was the deal with that? The automated censor was turned on and Grass came out Gr***
    11. What member had the 21.95 a month mowing deal? Grassboy
    12. What post about bodily functions prompted nearly 100 responses? Pee'in in the bushes

crawdad likes this.
  10. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

And of course Chuck was the first member, but who was the first member that didn't own the deal?? :) That was a trick question! ;)