History on the rainjet corp.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mr.cactus, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

2 amp? On a rinkydink controller from Home Depot? 3/4-amp would be more like it.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately I agree with the yahoo. 3/4 - 1 amp would be the safe bet for most residential type controllers.

3. Wet_Boots

Hunter's SRC used a 3/4 amp fuse, and that included the master valve. Their triacs were rated at 4 amp, but fuses don't burn out anywhere near as quickly as triacs do. Wallwarts aren't going to supply much more than one amp.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

<<< BUMP >>>

Ran into one of these tees this morning. The collar on one leg was split and the whole thing was misaligned due to magnolia roots. The pipe only inserts about 1/4" into the fitting. There's an 'O' ring where the collar tightens and a copper or brass insert that flares out the end of the pipe.
    CL 200 PVC
    Things were going well with cutting out the root with my reciprocating saw until I slipped and slashed one leg of the pipe. Cutting out a piece of the pipe I was able to make a match with a piece of 3/4 CL 200 PVC. The O.D is pretty darned close. Tried a 3/4" fSCh 40 fitting an it's a nice snug fit. However I am not going to try and use any kind of glue, but look for a compression tee and a couple of compression couplings . I think they will work.

5. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

3/4" to 1" poly reducers will convert rainjet pipe to work with standard 1" poly fittings.

6. Wet_Boots

the textbook repair for the Rain-Jet pipe is a 1-inch CTS compression fitting, with stiffener

7. irrig8r

What is this CTS? And stiffener? I was just going to use a 3/4 in. Kubota. Like I said, 3/4 in SCH 40 PVC fitting inserts nice and snug.

8. irrig8r

Copper tubing size 1" O.D. is equal to 3/4" IPS, no?

9. irrig8r

We don't do poly here in CA. My suppliers don't stock pipe or fittings.

10. Wet_Boots

Poly tubing needs an internal stiffener to work with compression fittings, much in the same way smaller-diameter clear plastic tubing needs that little brass insert to work with standard brass compression fittings commonly used with copper tubing.

One company that probably has an on-the-shelf solution for reliably working with RainJet poly is Flo Control