Hit a chain fence and damaged a car...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Sep 14, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

...why did the thread disappear? I think it sux that someone can dump a thread because they didnt hear what they wanted to hear.

Administrator, please modify the "edit" feature to only allow individual posts to be edited.

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill,
    You can only edit or delete your own posts. If a thread disappeared, it was probably Chuck or Eric.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

If you start a thread, by deleting the first message of the thread the whole thread is gone, including the 30 relevant, info-loaded posts behind it. Blaaahhhhhh!!!!

4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

My post. I deleted it. It started to get silly. Most of the posts totally missed the point. I don't care if people agree with my position, that's fine. I just thought the whole thing started to get a little childish, like the one about peein' in the bushes.

BTW, it was a piece of fence laying in grass behind a cable box. The guard was up to go in between the box and 2 road signs, I usually mow with it down.

Sorry if this upset your apple cart.

[Edited by eslawns on 09-15-2000 at 05:03 PM]

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea Mr administrator this should be changed. The guy was starting to look bad and he deleted the entire post. So we all waisted out time replying to his goofy post. Nothing personal lol. I feel cheated.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Wow, I see Chuck and I got blamed for something we didn't do. I did notice if the first post is deleted, the whole thread will be gone. As you can see, I didn't do it.

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric,
    I wasn't necessarily "blaming" you. Just making an uneducated guess as to what may have happened. Sorry for making you feel guilty! After this discussion though, I can see a lot of people hunting down their past threads that went awry. That should be changed, because no matter what the subject, 1 or 2 or more people throw in some good information along the thread way.

8. Eric ELM

I agree it is something to check into to see what can be done about it. I understand what your saying, but it seems like everytime a post is missing, it is assumed that Chuck or I deleted it. I see Kirby posted, what happened to Stones posts. Maybe he decided not to leave them there, I didn't delete them. So it's now time to start blaming the original poster for posts or threads that are gone.

9. Eric ELM

From now on you have 2 hours to edit or delete your post, after that, it's there to stay.