Hit a transmission, Busted bearing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by X-mow, Oct 8, 2003.

1. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

Earlier this season I hit a transmission yes a transmission a manual car transmission .It was in some really high grass and in a lot that i had cut before that wasn't being used. Thought i had moved it out of the way the last time.

anyway when i hit it ,it killed the engine almost immediately. It start back up fine and I mow about a week before the bearings start squealing only had to replace one spindle .

BE CAREFUL in high grass or better yet DON'T CUT IT

Let's hear about some of the you all have hit :blob3:

Yeah Yeah nobody could ever hit a tramsmission:eek: :dizzy:
  2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you've hit a car transmission with your mower, you might be a redneck
  3. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

i'm a little too dark for that:D
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

But I'll bet you were not laughing when it happened.
    Just the usual stumps and such here......No Trannies. :p
  5. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

No i wasn't laughing but now it's kinda funny .
    yeah stupid question buy what's LMOA mean and LCO and all those other abbreviations I can guess what they mean fromthe context i just wondered what they stand for.
  6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO= Laughing My @$$ off

LCO= Lawn Care Operation

LMO= Lawn Maintainence Operation

LOL= Laugh Out Loud

Acronym Finder
  7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I have hit many things. most nonliving but a few that were living (emphasis on WERE:eek: ).

iron pins, stumps, wires, ropes, tarps etc. and of course none of them were there the week before.

but the one that really chapped me out was a 50 pound window weight that someone had carelessly thrown into the yard.

it bent a spindle bolt and rattled my teeth a bit!

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you just hate the fact that you have to be so careful mowing grass! I mean, what are people thinking when they just throw it out?? How STUPID do you have to be to realize that somebody might mow over it and hurt something or somebody?? After all, it is grass and grass does grow which requires someone with a fast - spinning metal blade to cut it down!!

About a month ago my cable needed repair. The repairman came out and fixed the problem and left. The next day, I'm mowing my own front yard and next to the cable box (which I dislike because it detracts from the beauty of my yard) there are sections of cable wire and a metal box about a foot long a a few inches deep (some piece of faulty cable equipment) laying all around the cable box. I was furious to say the least!!!! . . . some people just kill me.
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The cable guys, telephone and electric company guys all leave every bit of trash behind. It saves them from having to dispose of their own trash at work.
  10. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I was once mowing my lawn a few years ago with my old Noma tractor. Grass was somewhat thick but mowable on one pass. i never noticed a golf ball and suddenly it shot out of the deck and nearly missed my neighbors window...It finally landed about 100 feet away.