Hit by a thief today but I hit back

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DISTURBEDSMR, Feb 27, 2008.

1. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Yesterday I parked my trailer right in front of the main entrance to Home Depot about 40 feeet from the doors ran in to get new gas can nozzle was in store maybe 10 mins. walk out the door some guy is taking my second blower of the trailer and putting it in his car. I can and clocked him knocked him down few blasts to the face. His excuse was somebody stole his stuff. I told him to open the door and get my stuff out I wanted him to open the door so I could slam his head in the door. He wouldn't come anywhere near me I grabbed my blowers out of the car and as he tried backing away so I couldn't see his plate he caught his car on the bars on my trailer for my ladder and ripped up the front of his car so he had to go forward I got the plate called the police and I just called they picked him up last night I HATE THIEVES:hammerhead:

2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go!!! It is about time some of these scums get what they deserve. Glad to hear you got your blower back too!

3. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Most awesome!!!!

I hope this idiot doesn't somehow get to sue you for hitting him. Lord only knows, the law will somehow protect the criminal in the end.

Thank goodness you got your stuff back!

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like you got even....hope he doesnt come back on you with an assault charge now....the way the laws favor the criminals ya never know

wayne

5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go brotha. Far less than what would of happened if he came upon my trailer. He would of still been there for when the coppers came. Call ahead and tell the loss prevention guys to make a copy for the coppers to view. They have sumin like 100 parking lot shots. Bare handed is the way of the jungle. Kudos to you sir!

6. DISTURBEDSMR

The officer said that he can't come after me in Florida some that steals your property you have the right to defend yourself and get it back. He I should have kicked the crap out of him and held him till they got there. And the whole thing is on their servillence camera. Maybe I can get a copy for you tube

7. JLAWNCARE

JLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

A Buddy Of Mine Went To Hom Depot Got 1500 In Tools Stolen From His Truck The Local Police Told Him They Watch You Pull In One Guy Follows You In The Store While The Other Guy Steals Youre Stuff Be Carefull I Used To Run In Store With Equipment In Back I Lock Everything Up Now

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean you were parked right up front in everyones way where they all have to go around you? Glad you got your stuff. I would have probably did it different, but it all worked out, and better I guess since he damaged his car in the process.

9. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Florida has a right to defend law. First state to do so and won't be the last. NRA wrote it up in their mag also. I think there now are 5 states that copied Florida's.

Way to go on getting your stuff back.

10. DISTURBEDSMR

No i parked by the first cart holder I hate when people park in the front and you have to go around them. There were people in the lot it was around 3 in the evening.