Hit Hard in Kansas

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by collegefundms, Aug 3, 2009.

1. collegefundms

collegefundms LawnSite Member

Showed up friday to pick up my lawn equipment from my storage unit picked it all up went out mowed from 730 to 615 came back dropped everything off left for the weekend came back sunday 300 everything is gone except my troybilt weedeater. This was a huge loss called the sheriff and their being total idiots saying they will check pawn shops. All the stuff thats was stolen is on my sig. Please tell me if anything is running out of the ordinary. I can tell you one thing i figure out who did this they will be lookin down marlin 30/30. Thanks

2. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to here about your loss,I had a blower stolen awhile ago so I know how you feel.Actually the cops checking pawn shops is not a bad idea and is more than they did for me.If you have bill of sale with serial numbers let the cops photocopy them so they can identify you equipment if recovered. The local pawn shop here requires photo ID and works with law enforcement if they suspect hot merchandise.It's good to see somebody your age hustling instead of mooching from their parents and smoking weed like so many of the teens around me.Don't let these crooks get you down;their day will come.

3. Th3BullDoz3r

Th3BullDoz3r LawnSite Member
    from @

Sorry little grasshopper for your loss. You can't blame the sheriffs on this. You and them have no leads therefore all they can do is look at the local pawnshops.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a gehl Ctl 60 stolen while I was renting it ! Its a terrible feeling , sorry for your lose , good luck!

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

It was stolen from your storage unit? As in a gated storage unit?

6. collegefundms

collegefundms LawnSite Member

IN2MOWN ya it was a gated storage unit one for my mowing equipment and then one next door for our jetskis.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Did you have insurance on the equipment ??

8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

God that sucks, I know how it feels to hace stuff stolen, it F@#$@#g sucks a$$

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Makes me feel great about having all my stuff sitting in a storage facility that isn't even gated...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

When I first posted I didn't realize you were in Wichita because my blackberry doesn't show any of that. What are you doing about getting your lawns done? Are they like pretty much in one area or spread out all over Wichita?