Hitachi launched new website

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Constructor John, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Constructor John

Constructor John LawnSite Member

Saw that Hitachi launched a new website: www.myhitachiexperience.com
    You can find cool movies and experiences of Hitachi users on it. Also pictures of machines at work. Fun to check it out some time :cool2:

Anybody else has other nice websites for me to look at?

Thnx, John

2. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah and from the last time I checked they were all European and had nothing small there (160/120's). I guess time will allow those to eventually get on there.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man, the ZX27 looks wierd from that vantage point with out me behind the controls!

4. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

So out of curiosity, what is the advantage to a tilt bucket? I don't find it easy or fun to use a smooth faced bucket to grade or make things smooth, cut slopes etc. I find a grade beam much easier and more accurate but that's just me. Anyone agree or disagree? I like the thought of a tilt bucket but seeing the pic. of that mini hitachi using it cut a slope just seems weird.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like beams, but cleanup buckets have their place. It would be nice to have a twist wrist, but not necessary.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You can pull everything to you rather than position the machine multiple times, and if you are on uneven ground, it makes leveling much easier with out having to level off the tracks using soil and the blade, downside is, they are heavier and the buckets are smaller, so your tipping weights will be put to the test.

7. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I have a 4ft ditch bucket. love it. Its great for digging flat bottoms, stripping sod, and clean-up (When I don't want to bring a skid loader)

If i have a large area to grad with it, I just thumb a rail road tie, reach out, set the tie on the ground and simply back up. Works slick. But for everything else I use my smooth bucket.

J.