Hitch for a ztr to hook up a garden cart

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 11, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have a garden cart just like happy frog's and need to know where I can get the hitch for my ztr. I have a exmark phazer and want to hook up the cart to it for jobs in the neighborhood. Any ideas on where to get it?

2. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I built a hitch for my Ferris last weekend. If you end up fabricating one yourself, just be sure it isn't too low. I'm going to have to grind mine a little bit because it will scrape if the trailer gate in a little steep.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Use a piece of 2" angle iron. You drill your three holes (two mounting and one hitch), and you're good to go. Now,...what I did, was just use a piece of flat stock, and ran it over top of the two cradle bars (the two flat stock pieces at the bottom and rear of mower). It just sets on top, and is bolted on. The vertical part of the cradle (at the very rear of the mower) really don't interfere, because you would basically have to jack knife to hit them, anyway. It (the flat stock) sits all the way to the back of the cradle, and the hole is drilled off center a bit so the hole is more toward the back of the machine to add even more clearance. It is too cheap and simple not to do it.:)
  4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Okay Thanks.