hitch for lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GraZZmaZter, Jun 3, 2008.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" exmark lazer that i want to put a hitch on for the purpose of pulling a lawn roller.

Is their a bolt-up kit you can buy for those?

Thanx

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just get a piece of 1/4" steel about 2 1/2" wide, and however long it needs to be (don't remember right off), and bolt it on top of the two cradle bars that run under the back of the mower. It will lay on top cross ways. Just do some measuring and drill the holes, but what I did, was for my center hole, I put it toward the back just a little bit (off center) to give more room to not jack knife. I've never had any problems with jack knifing or anything with it. It costed me about 4 bucks I think, with the steel and two bolts.

3. jaghr

jaghr LawnSite Member

The exmark dealer should sell hitch kits that are easy to mount on your machine. Can not recall price though.

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

This is the same thing I did with my last Cub Tank. But I think it was more like $5 for the metal and bolts. I doubt your dealer can beat that price.

They both do the same thing in the end. One is just much cheaper.

5. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

yes, you can get one from your dealer.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

...for the low low price of 30 or 40 bucks.:rolleyes:

7. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I have a jerry-rigged one that i use now ... was looking for one that will last.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The one I have is forever. You are welcome to take a look at it sometime, if you like. Now, I did one for a guy once using 2 1/2" or 3" angle once, but I didn't do that on mine, because I didn't want that piece of steel sticking out the back, in case the mower is backed into anything (like a tree) - it would hit flush to the cradle guards, not have a narrow hunk of steel cutting in to it. By the way, I saw your ad on the place mat at Gina's. Pretty nice! I opted not to do the one I was going to, after I saw the price you got for yours. Those people were wanting to bend me over.lol