Hitch kit and ultravac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by HazellLawnCare, Jul 30, 2003.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting ready to order a couple liquid cooled z's with ultravacs on both of them. What I want to know is can I put a hitch kit on one of them? Is the ultravac removeable enough to be able to pull a lawn roller? What I plan to do is buy a jrco tine dethatcher and put on one and use with the ultravac then verticut seed and pull the roller behind that with the other z.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey HazellLawnCare,

Yes, you can put a hitch kit on your liquid-cooled Lazer Z. The part number for a Lazer Z is 1-631665. Just make sure that you don't exceed the recommended maximum drawbar pull rating of 80 lbs.

Yes, the UltraVac is removable enough to hook something up to the hitch kit. The best case and safest scenario would be for you to remove the entire UltraVac. Take a look at how easy the UltraVac is to take off and on. You might change your mind about keeping it on and pulling the roller. I would not recommend using the roller and UltraVac with the caster weights. This would likely be too much weight for the machine to pull, especially if you are going up a hill. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Dustin - I just picked up the hitch kit for my Lazer HP yesterday. Just to make sure I understand...that's means you can only pull 80 lbs with the hitch? That leaves out pretty much everything I would want to pull (a cart full of mulch or soil, an aerator, a spreader or a roller).

Seems like an awful light rating to me.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

darryl gesner,

The 80 lbs. rating is the maximum drawbar pull rating. Think of it like this. Take 80 lbs. of cement blocks, and tie a rope around them. Your Lazer Z could safely pull this 80 lbs. of dead weight across the ground. Does this make more sense?

Listen to your machine. If it sounds like it is whining or laboring more than usual, the weight you're trying to pull is probably too much. Be sure that you remove any other attachments, like the UltraVac, before pulling anything else.

The last thing we want to do is tell you that your mower can handle a bigger load than it can pull. Use some common sense, and you should be just fine. If you think you're making it work too hard, you probably are. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Dustin - Thanks for your reply and clarification on the hitch capacity. That makes sense and sounds adequate for my purposes.

BTW, I put the hitch on and the install couldn't be easier. No holes to drill and it took about 5 minutes.