Hitch kit on Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by vahaus, Jun 5, 2003.

1. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Anyone have a picture of a Hustler Super Z with a hitch kit. I see where it would be mounted but looks like it would sit down pretty low compared to where my attachments sit. Example if I hooked my trailer up to where it appears the hitch would be then the front of the trailer would be pitched down.
    Debating on buying vs. making my own. A picture would help, my dealer has never put one on and dosen't have one to show me.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hitch bar will sit even with the bottom of your bumper.
    Let me see if I can find a pic to post.

Later
    Pj

3. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

and what can you tow with it?

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

im fixing to weld a pice of square tubing to the bumper that will serve as a reciever hith and make a custom shank that will slide into it and turn upwards so the hight of what you will br pulling will be level. i had this done to my deere ztr and it worked great and you can take it out by just pulling the pin like you do on your truck.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can tow any rolling type accesory.
    Aerators, rollers, carts, sprayers, and much more.......

Later
    Pj

6. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Ended up making my own, haven't had the chance to try it out yet but am bolting through bumper, measure the height of my old MTD mower hitch and went up slightly higher to accommadate my trailer. I just welded some steel up and painted to match mower. Have a second plate on the backside of the bumper so I can take the hitch off.

PJ you say you can tow most anything is there some wight limit?

7. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Post a pic when you can. I'd like to see that all painted up. Did you buy official Hustler paint or match up with another brands color (CAT yellow)?

8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

anyone ever find a pic of a super z with the hitch on it?

9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here's mine. This is the 2nd year with it. It works great and is seperate from the chain kit. It is a reciever like on a truch but with a smaller shank.