Hitch kit

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jusmowin, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I need a hitch kit for my 2004 lazer hp, does anyone know about how much it cost and how fast I can get one !

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jus,

The hitch kit has a MSRP of $59 and is probably 1-3 days regular ups from your dealership if he does not have one in stock.

Thanks

Terry

3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Terry I ordered one this am and will have it tomorow am. The overnight shipping cost a little more but is worth it in order to get my aeration job done on time.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Exmark, How well does the Lazer Z and Lazer HP tow? I use a tow behind aerator and I am thinking about purchasing an Exmark. I usually have about 200 - 250lbs on the aerator. Will either of these mowers hydraulics be effected by this. Can these mowers hold up as good as Dixie Chopper or Hustler?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Soupy,

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a post.

Please keep in mind that towing with a Lazer is a lot like towing with a corvette instead of your truck. Each is designed to do a certain task quite well and neither is going to perform others task with great performance.

The towing capacity of the Lazer Z is rated at 80 lbs. of draw weight. Draw weight is the force need to actually pull the attachment and should not be confused with tongue weight or trailer weight. As a generaly rule if you can pull the attachment with out undo stress on yourself then it's probably okay to pull it with the Lazer. Like with any towing as you exceed the maximum recommended loads you can begin to cause excessive stress on the drive system. This excessive stress may show up quickly, take some time or many never show any signs at all.

In my opinion a 200 lb. aeorator is probably more than you want to pull with the Lazer Z.

As far as holding up.................I can't see where we've got many issues to worry about at this time. The Lazers a very solid machine.

Thanks

Terry