Hits on google and yahoo!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Penscape Landscaping, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how do i get in the top 10 of google or yahoo if typed in (lawn service near______)? Need help with this! Please help!

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Make sure you have the correct keywords embedded in your text. That's all I did and I am in the top 10 for almost every search result I want on yahoo and google.

4. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

thanks woody i went in to my page properties and added a ton of key words and locations so i hope it will work! How long did it take to see results? Im not even in the top 100.

5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

It can take 30-90 days for a search engine to crawl and reindex your site...

Spend time reading what Kiril linked. It is GOOD stuff.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I agree. It could take a month or two before you see any noticeable difference in rankings.

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Googlebots crawl every 40-70 days (there is a debate on the exact amount of time and they keep quiet). You can study free SEO materials on SEOMOZ.org or on TopRankTactics.com. Good luck and I hope you have time because content (copywrite) and backlinks are both hard to get and both are what you want.

8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

9. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

What do you mean by "content (copywrite)"?

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I think that depends on the site. I have posted stuff on this site, just to find it on google less than an hour later. Perhaps chance, perhaps not.