ho hum service call

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

A dual RM site, having some programming issues since the cistern seems to be not getting the re-charge required. The water for the cistern is coming from this pond.

DSCN1089rmclok.jpg

DSCN1093dayzone.jpg

DSCN1097dayzone.jpg

DSCN1092daypond.jpg

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Nice wiring job. I use to do electronic wiring harnesses so I can appreciate that. Thumbs Up
    How do the rotator screens hold up with the pond water? Any issues with clogging?

3. Mike Leary

The I-20s, RB 3500s and all the brass nozzles have held up great since the system was installed in 2006. The RB 5F heads have failed, as have a couple of the MPs, but with them, I don't think it's the water quality, in that they chuck, but don't rotate. I did notice today a iron colored water in the overflow from the dual 1200 gal. cisterns, so I want the pump guys to take a look at the screens in the tanks. All in all, it's been a very cool install, with clients that were willing to do it right.

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

better get your level the first mp on the left is out of plum.:)

5. Mike Leary

I'm on it ,still waters pretty damn good, though. I sure do like 6" pops in turf.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Did you mean to type puddle , not pond?

7. Mike Leary

:laugh::laugh: Actually the system works pretty cool, we installed a filtrific.com and pump from there to two 1200 gal septic tanks, then an on-demand pump to the irrigation. :clapping::drinkup:

8. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you are using the RB non potable "mardi gras" caps so the dogs will know not to drink from the irrigation system.

9. Mike Leary

:laugh: Honestly, I did have the water tested before we went ahead with the project, it's potable, though I did install a re-charge valve from the back-flow protected main pump, which I may use for the first time ever. :dizzy: