HO LEE MOLE EE I got got worms!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Moose's Mowing, Sep 17, 2012.

1. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What about Aloft? It is used as a curative at this time of year also. It contains clothianidin & bifenthrin.
  2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Milky Spore will only kill Japanese Beetle larva, not all species of white grubs.
    It will take about 3 years to be effective.
  3. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

unless you know how to control earthworms as well. The EW is the main diet for moles and such.
  4. unit28

To late in the season for Grub X.
    Not to mention it only has a one month window for correct use.
    The 2012 main ingredient in Grub X is generally used only when warranted for future control like fall. Not to be aplied during fall but from April 15 to May 15 because of it's ingredient having chelated properties and interaction with SOM. It will stick to the horizon's OM before reaching the grubs if applied past the window of opportunity
  5. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'd use aloft if I were you. It works well. Apply before a rain if possible. It works much better than dilox IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Dylox is Old School. Modern reseach shows Merit works better than Dylox as a currative. and it is cheaper!
  7. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

This thread has plenty of misinformation.

To the OP: Use dylox this time of year. It is the most effective

Products like grubex and merit must be timed correctly with the lifecycle of the grub. I would consider using one of these products next year as a preventative.

For more info

Posted via Mobile Device
  8. unit28

Merit and Grub X have differeing ingredients now.
    he's got worms and birds.... : ]

I'd stray away from using long range residual insecticide poison with free ranging groceries on the same turf. The likes of grub x {W/2012 ingredient} are an unlikely candidate for control in the particular situation. Same with products containing Carbaryl which are more toxic. Pets kids and the like must stay off the lawn for at a minimum of 24 hours after aplication of Sevin. Chickens scratch when foraging etc etc. Bad idea IMO. on both products.

There has been considerable
    debate among turfgrass entomologists about the use of insecticides such as Grubex that are designed to be used
    before the size and damage potential of the insect population are known. That is, these products are applied
    when the adult beetles are still flying, eggs not yet laid. There is a great potential for abuse of this product if
    turf managers use it indiscriminately, that is, without regard to the likelihood of having damaging populations of
    insects on treated areas some time in the future. Since white grub outbreaks tend to be localized and sporadic,
    preventive control often results in areas being treated unnecessarily.
  9. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

That sucks!!!