Hoa Condo Maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbpropmaint, Jun 5, 2007.

1. bbpropmaint

bbpropmaint LawnSite Member

this is my 2nd year maintaining a 24 acre community..the pay is great but the people are a real pain in the a**...one minute they love you the next there is all kinds of complaints..its a tight knit community and they all talk, so if someone has a little grass not blown from there porch one week..then the landscapers doing a horrible job, and it seems everyone finds things to complain about...Whats the key to hanging on to these contracts for a while...i would hate to lose this but it seems like every year i lose sleep whether or not i will retain this account...1/4 of annual gross...help advice?????

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I totally understand.. Unless you hear it from the board members.. Ignore them. I used to do a large condo complex.. 30K annual account. Everytime I showed up anyone that was home had something to ***** about. The board said otherwise and they were happy with the work.

3. koop

koop LawnSite Member

Since the board hired you, they are all that count. Keep the majority of folks happy and the board will keep you on. Do not worry about a few complainers.

4. bbpropmaint

bbpropmaint LawnSite Member

do the complainers that band together have any pull??? i dont want them to influence the board..i really cant afford to lose this one...i know you guys have been here before..help

5. koop

koop LawnSite Member

The RIGHT group that bands together has pull, otherwise no. It's politics on a community scale. Keep the right people happy and your golden.