HOA Letters

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clallen03, Mar 13, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new client that has signed up for fert and weed control program. Bittercrest has took over about 25% of the lawn, so the HOA sent her a ugly letter.

Now this clients is insisting that I cut it down, but I want to treat it first before I mow. She says the HOA will fine her if its not mowed.

I plan to mow it tomorrow but I'm going to bag it so I can avoid spreading seed around the lawn. But I'm up in the air if I'm going to spray 3-Way with my backpack or just spread Post with my spreader. Post will be faster but I get better results with spray.

What would you'll do?

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Think about what you're doing--grass will be greening up if not already in GA. Weeds will continue to grow unless they're winter annuals. Why not mow, then quickly give the yard a split application of weed and feed. One way or another--you're going to have to deal with the weeds. Do you put a pre-emergent shot in your program or did she sign on too late for that. In Ga, you're about three (3) weeks ahead of us. Timing is everything. I did Pre Emmergent on my yard in SC with granular Atrazine at Christmas and a killspray at end of January. Ready to Feed now. Can't do anymore pre-emerge or weed and feed combo because of overseeding in a few months. Maybe this will help or one of the other guys with warmer turf has a suggestion. Again Timing is everything